1) At the Financing the Future: Education 2030 Event, the Governments of Senegal and France introduced that the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) replenishment convention shall be held in Senegal on February eight, 2018, co-hosted by way of Senegal and France.
- “Both France and Senegal are ideally positioned to urge other countries across the globe to increase investments in education,” mentioned Julia Gillard, GPE Board Chair.
- UN Youth Envoy Jayathma Wickramanayake known as for the global to, “foster a learning generation that won’t be left behind as digital technologies advance at a rapid speed.”
- More data can also be discovered right here.
2) The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) put a focus on home financing for schooling with the Sustainably Financing Education match that we co-hosted with Education International, and the Global Alliance for Tax Justice, and in alliance with ActionAid, RESULTS, Light for the World, the Open Society Foundations, the International Council for Adult Education, and Oxfam.
- Live movies from the match are to be had right here.
three) RESULTS introduced a brand new temporary, Impact, Effectiveness, & Sustainability: Investing in the Global Partnership for Education.
- In the record RESULTS calls on the governments of Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States to enhance the GPE replenishment, particularly urging the “United States to make a three-year $337.5 million pledge to GPE’s third replenishment.”
- The record is to be had right here.
four) Plan International hosted the Domestic Financing for Education assembly
- Civil society organizations deliberate advocacy on home financing to have interaction public, voters, nationwide coalitions, and early life voice forward of GPE replenishment.
five) Global Citizen week was once held from the 17th to 23rd throughout NYC, with:
- Quite a lot of occasions held right through the week which ended in 29 commitments, 55 bulletins and 13 calls to motion, that totaled $three.2 billion. More information can also be discovered right here
- At the Movement Makers Girls’ Education match, Representative Nita Lowey spoke about passing the READ Act.
6) Save The Children launched their record: Losing Out on Learning: Providing Refugee Children the Education they Were Promised
- The Report tracks the growth made in international locations that pledged that Leaders’ Summit ultimate 12 months at the UN General Assembly, and reveals that best modest advances were made.
- The complete record can also be discovered right here.
7) The Center for Universal Education at Brookings and Girl Rising held a dialogue with the Echidna Global Scholars
- Highlighted the analysis being finished by way of Dasmine Kennedy, Assistance Chief Education Officer of the Educational Planning Unit in the Ministry of Education, Armene Modi founding father of Ashta No Kai, a non-benefit group to teach upload empower rural girls and women, Maria Cristina Osorio Vazquez who’s a professor, Universidad Anahuac Mayab and Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan in Merida, and Damaris Seleina Parsitau who’s Associate Professor, Researcher, and Director of the Institute of Women, Gender, and Development Studies at Egerton University.
eight) Caritas Internationalis and Catholic Relief Services co-backed a panel on Welcoming the Stranger: Making Lives Better for Refugees in Host Countries
- They mentioned easing drive on host communities whilst making improvements to refuges self-reliance, increasing get right of entry to to resettlement in 3rd international locations and fostering prerequisites that allow refugees to voluntarily go back house.
- “Education is a life-saving intervention, like food, water and shelter, and it is critical to get displaced children back in school as soon as possible,” Giulia McPherson mentioned. She is the Director of Advocacy and Operations for Jesuit Refugee Services/USA and Chair, GCE-US Education in Emergencies Advocacy Group.
nine) Education Cannot Wait held a High Level Steering Group Meeting to take inventory of labor accomplished since the World Humanitarian Summit
- They reaffirmed UNESCO’s enhance for the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal four, inspired a large vison of schooling, and wired the significance of communique and advocacy.
- They put emphasis on the want for strong investment, with Lebanon’s Minister of Education, Elias Bou Saab, pronouncing “Putting children in school is one challenge; keeping them there is another.”
10) The Council on Foreign Relations hosted US Development Priorities: Views From the Administration and Congress
- Panelists mentioned bipartisan efforts to advertise building inside of the U.S. Administration and Congress.
- Mark A. Green, USAID administrator advocated for support pronouncing, “In terms of how I think we should think about the three Ds and what I would tell my former constituents back in northeastern Wisconsin, it’s in our interest. Development is important because it’s good for our national security.”