Education in India Podcast with Subir Shukla of IGNUS-ERG
To obtain the podcast, right-click at the obtain hyperlink and make a selection “Save Link/Target As”.
I can additionally attempt to transcribe the audio and hyperlink to the textual content when it’s to be had. You can learn the entire transcript of the interview.
This chat with Subir covers some of the vital initiatives and programmes in schooling in India during the last 20-30 years. The subjects lined in this podcast are defined underneath. The time location of each and every wide subject throughout the audio podcast is discussed underneath, for individuals who might wish to soar to a particular level in the podcast.
- 00:00:40 – Subir tells us a bit of about his background and the paintings he has carried out in schooling.
- 00:01:30 – Why and the way he selected to paintings in the world of schooling?
- 00:08:10 – His time because the Chief Consultant to the Govt of India on Quality Improvement and Teacher Training beneath the District Primary Education Programme (DPEP).
- The considering in the back of beginning the DPEP in 1994 and the objectives of the DPEP.
- The survey of studying ranges in India through the NCERT in 1994.
- How the survey confirmed that studying ranges have been very low in Kerala in 1994, even less than Bihar and the way this led Kerala to significantly alternate their philosophy, methods and processes of educating and studying, which is one of the the explanation why the training ranges in Kerala are prime as of late.
- The success of the DPEP.
- 00:24:28 – Teacher Training
- 00:28:12 – How the philosophy of educating and studying has modified in India over time
- Three wide levels: content-driven, objectives-driven, and process-driven educating and studying.
- How and when the shift from content-driven, to objectives-driven, after which to process-driven educating and studying occured in India.
- Minimum Levels of Learning (MLL).
- Continuos and Comprehensive Evaluation – CCE.
- The considering in the back of doing away with detention of scholars beneath the RTE Act.
- 00:47:06 – The National Curricular Framework 2005 (NCF)
- The considering in the back of developing the National Curricular Framework in 2005.
- The use of NCF through the States as a framework.
- Why the States do not wish to use NCERT’s textbooks.
- 00:54:31 – Age-appropriate curricula vs overambitious curricula
- Why kids are steadily being forced to be informed issues they are able to’t actually perceive at their age.
- 00:57:26 – National stage surveys of studying ranges in India
- NCERT’s surveys of studying and success ranges.
- 01:04:20 – Teacher Accountability
- Teachers themselves will have to be enabled to observe the training ranges in their categories.
- Why are most effective lecturers being held responsible, however no person else upper up in the schooling machine?
- The want for top-down duty relatively than bottom-up duty.
- 01:08:35 – The relevance of PISA exams in India
- Why PISA exams is probably not related for India presently.
- The lack of a countrywide imaginative and prescient in India for what type of high quality we wish in our secondary faculty scholars, and what they ought to grasp by the point they go away faculty.
- The wish to increase a imaginative and prescient for secondary faculty scholars and put it out in the general public area for debate – IGNUS-ERG is operating in this.